From 1st January 2012 The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) will be the national authority for the approval of educational qualifications and determining equivalent qualifications for:

  • A person holding an international qualification who has arrived in Australia by another means outside of the skilled migration program
  • An Australian citizen who has studied at an institution overseas, or
  • An Australian citizen who holds a qualification not listed on the list of approved qualifications.

Contact details for the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) are as follows:

Phone: 1800 181 088

Email: enquiries@acecqa.gov.au

Web: www.acecqa.gov.au


For all migration and skilled sponsored visas offered by the Victorian Government in Australia, or the process of how to migrate to Victoria, Australia. Victoria's Skilled and Business Migration Program offers assistance in a number of ways.

For further information please refer to http://www.LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au



In November 2008, the Victorian Government released an early childhood workforce strategy, Improving Victoria's Early Chidlhood Workforce.

The strategy includes a range of initiatives to respond to growing demand for qualified early childhood professionals.

One of the key initiatives announced as part of this strategy is the Early Childhood Qualifications Fund which will provide support for early childhood educators to upgrade or attain an early chidlhood qualification.

For further information on what's available and how to apply go to http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/careers/pages/fund.aspx


In 2006, the Victorian Government introduced a new checking system to help protect children under 18 years of age from physical or sexual harm.

The Working with Children (WWC) Check creates a mandatory minimum checking standard across Victoria. The WWC Check helps to keep children safe by preventing those who pose a risk to the safety of children from working with them, in either paid or volunteer work.

If you work or volunteer with children you will need a WWC Check. Employers, volunteer organisations and agencies must ensure that all their staff have a WWC Check.

For further details visit https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/wwccu or call the information line 1300 652 879 during business hours (8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m., Monday to Friday)